Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.
The Principal Scientists will interface with functional groups across the organization to coordinate research activities, as well as manage external CRO and research collaboration partners. This position provides an opportunity to contribute to the building of a pipeline of promising biotherapeutics for treatment of life-threatening diseases though to launch of first-in-human trials.
- Contribute to protein engineering and design of novel biotherapeutics (antibodies, Fc- Fused traps).
- Contribute execution and interpretation of pharmacology studies, with particular emphasis on in-vivo studies, for the evaluation and characterization of new biotherapeutics.
- Write study protocols, craft and review final reports for internal and external use; organize data presentations and report as needed to CSO
- Identify and vet CROs, and in conjunction with the CSO, academic groups, or organizations to conduct preclinical and bioassay studies related to mechanism of action, preclinical compound testing and lead candidate selection and development.
- Coordinate day-to-day execution/oversight of internal/external Research studies for multiple programs, ensuring performance, timeliness and integrity of data.
- Manage and work closely with the scientific staff to ensure alignment with corporate/partnering and IP needs.
- Contribute to the development of research programs based on an understanding of the pathophysiology of disease and mechanism of action of biotherapeutics.
- Independently review and apply scientific literature, his/her own scientific knowledge, and the appropriate regulatory requirements to Research efforts.
- Identify risks, develop risk mitigation plans, and escalate risk mitigation strategies to the SVP Research as appropriate.
- Contribute to in-licensing program due diligence and regulatory submissions.
- Contribute to the generation of company public disclosures including scientific posters and publications, patent applications and IR documents.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in a Biological discipline, with a minimum of 7 years directly related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of cellular and animal models including, murine xenograft, syngeneic, GEMM, PDX, and humanized in-vivo models.
- Experience in drug discovery and in-vivo evaluation of biotherapeutics.
- Prior direct management experience and CRO management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.