Please submit your CV and cover letter in PDF format. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. We will contact you should we wish to arrange a meeting to discuss this position further.
Scientist, Protein Engineering reports to Chief Scientific Officer and bears responsibility for structure- guided in silico protein-optimization projects using molecular-modeling and simulation software.
- Performs research and feasibility studies into proposed protein-engineering projects.
- Designs expression constructs for antibody and protein production.
- Participates in the development of plans, schedules and costs of assigned projects/programs.
- Liaises with laboratory personnel and CRO staff to follow-up on the protein expression and screening for biophysical and bioactivity of the engineered molecules.
- Prepares reports on assigned projects for internal and external use, makes presentations to team and contributes to technical journals.
- Participates in the preparation of patents and publications.
- Checks, organizes, analyzes and reports data produced. Prepares reports, documents and dossiers.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in a scientific discipline (Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular or Cellular Biology or related field), and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience (may include post-doctoral experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross- functional team.
- Understanding of protein chemistry and experience in rational protein design and engineering.
- Experience with molecular model building, simulation and visualizing packages (e.g. AMBER, CCP4, COOT)
- Meticulous organization, record keeping and reporting.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, incorporating integrity in all decision making.
- Ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment.
- Effective oral and technical/scientific writing skills. Previous experience presenting scientific data to internal audiences.